
Fung Ping Shan Building (University Museum and Art Gallery of The University of Hong Kong)
Pok Fu Lam

Fung Ping Shan Building was originally constructed in 1931 as a library of Chinese collection. Named after its donor, the building is a three-storey, symmetrically constructed building with a fan-shaped floor plan. The façade is mainly constructed of red bricks and decorated with giant pilasters, pediments, etc. In 1962, the collection of Chinese books was transferred to the newly constructed Main Library of The University of Hong Kong. The original library building was converted into a museum and fused with the newly constructed T.T. Tsui Building to form the University Museum and Art Gallery in 1996. The exterior of the building was declared a monument in 2018.
Please browse this website for the opening hours of University Museum and Art Gallery of The University of Hong Kong.