
Original Site of Diocesan Boys’ School (Bonham Road Government Primary School)
Eastern Street

Founded as an English school in 1869 by the Anglican Church of Hong Kong, Diocesan Boys’ School developed into a boarding school for students of different nationalities, one of whom was Dr Sun Yat-sen, who studied there after arriving in Hong Kong from Cuiheng Village in November 1883 and before transferring to the Central School the following year. Diocesan Boys’ School moved to Kowloon in 1926. Northcote Training College was built in 1941 on the site, which was then used as the main campus of the United College of The Chinese University of Hong Kong between 1962 and 1971. The campus has been home to Bonham Road Government Primary School since 2000. The building was declared a monument in 2021. (A memorial artwork installed at Eastern Street)
* This building is not open to the public